Digital Adapter Support
How do I set up my digital adapter?
You’ll receive a kit with equipment and instructions to install your digital adapter. Then, visit our remote page to identify and program your remote.
Do I need to set my TV to a specific channel?
If you used coaxial cable to connect your adapter, set your TV and adapter to either channel 3 or 4, whichever channel doesn't currently receive programming. If you used an HDMI cable, make sure your TV is set to the correct input/source.
What's the difference between a CoMPAS X-Stream Receiver and a digital adapter?
A CoMPAS X-Stream Receiver (aka cable box) lets you watch high-quality digital channels on your TV as and provides other CoMPAS X-Stream video features and services, such a channel guide with program information and on-screen support, Pay-Per-View and DVR.
A Digital Adapter (digital transport adapter or DTA) allows you to view high-quality digital channels on your TV, but doesn't provide most of the features or services of a CoMPAS X-Stream Receiver.
Where can I find the latest channel lineup?
- Make sure the batteries are installed correctly.
- Make sure the remote can see the front of the adapter.
- Use your TV remote to turn the TV on or off.
Blinking adapter/No picture
- Make sure all cables are securely connected.
- Unplug the adapter and allow at least 5 minutes before plugging it back in.
Solid green light/No picture
- If you're using an HDMI cable, make sure your TV is set to the HDMI input.
- If you're using a coaxial cable, make sure the TV and adapter are set to the same channel (3 or 4).
- Try switching the TV and adapter to the other channel (3 or 4).
- If connecting through a VCR or DVD player, make sure it's on.
- Make sure all cables are firmly connected.
- Check the input setting on your TV. Make sure it's set to ANT or CABLE.
Adapter light isn’t turning on
Make sure the power cord is connected to the adapter and plugged in to a live electrical outlet.
To reboot your adapter, unplug it and allow at least 5 minutes before plugging it back in. If you're still having issues with your adapter, contact us.